Rice flour ¾ CUP
Millet ¼ CUP
Corn ¼ CUP
Tapioca 2 TBSP
Chia seeds 2.5 TBSP
Sugar 1 TBSP
Salt ½ TBSP
Iced water 8 TBSP
- Mix ingredients together. Knead lightly, enough to form a ball (Note: it will come apart but you should still be able to form a ball – not too dry, not too wet – just right!).
- Insert dough in a bowl and cover with a plate. Sit in the fridge one hour (or more).
— zzzzzzz —
- Remove dough from fridge. Sprinkle corn flour on kitchen bench and sit dough on it for 5-10 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, bash dough flat, keep the crumbling sides somewhat together, and then roll flattened dough in to a long rectangle.
- Bring the top third (A) onto the middle third (B), and the bottom third (C) onto the whole lot. (see pdf file)
- Turn one quarter (to the left, or to the right, it’s up to you!)
- Repeat 4.
- Repeat 5.
- Repeat 6.
- Repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6.
- Again, repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6.
- And again, repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6.
- No joke, do it again: repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6.
- I am serious: repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6.
- I did it 10 times in total… It’s up to you. Do you want flaky pastry? Then commit to it! Repeat 4, repeat 5, repeat 6 until you’ve done that series 10 times, or, until there aren’t any crumbling bits anywhere and the dough is now a homogenous thing-you-woudn’t-believe-it’s-gluten-free! 😀
- Butter your pie dish. Roll dough into a thin pastry, position it into your dish, trim the sides.
- Egg wash the sides. (Egg wash = one egg yolk mixed with a bit of cold water, then brushed onto raw pastry)
- Place your favourite weights onto dough to prevent it to puff up too much (ceramic beads, small river rocks, another pie dish, etc…)
- Blind bake at fan force 170°C for 20 minutes.
- Add your fillings. Bake again for 20 minutes.