Permaculture principles are “thinking tools”, that when used together, allow us to creatively re-design our environment and our behaviours in a world of less energy and resources.
- Observe and interact
- Capture and store energy
- Produce a yield
- Apply self-regulation and accept feedback
- Use and develop renewable resources and services
- Not to produce waste
- Design from pattern to details
- Integrate rather than segregate
- Use small and slow solutions
- Use and enhance biodiversity
- Use borders and enhance the marginal
- Use and respond creatively to changes
These are principles outlined by D. Holmgren which since has seen another few sets appear from other permaculturists.