Mindfulness in Nature
This programme is born from the need to just be.
To calm the mind.
To give ourselves a day of contemplation.
To taste mindfulness, in nature.
To cultivate reverence.
Inspired from Shinrin-yoku (Forest Therapy), we will take three moderately easy forest immersion walks where the aim is to stroll, pause & tune our five senses to all that is around us.
See, hear, smell, touch, taste.
We turn our phones off. We suspend our worries, our inner dialogues, our to-do-lists on a branch at the entrance of the forest and we step in, with mindfulness, often in silence. We connect to one another. We connect with nature.
Another component of this programme is to allow ourselves to be kids again! to marvel at the smallest. to climb boulders. to explore caves. to be curious and inquisitive. to collect little treasure, a leaf, a rock, a feather. to be carefree and give no judgement or feel no judgement. again, just being.
MARCH – Spring: Third Sunday (17 March 2019)
SEPTEMBER – Autumn: Third Sunday (15 September 2019)
10am to 4pm
- Arrivals and check-in
- Induction/safety talk
- Acknowledgement to Country
- Find your Walking Stick
- Forest Bathing – Walk One
- Morning tea
- Forest Bathing – Walk Two
- Garden and food forest tour
- Forest Bathing – Walk Three
- Pick herbal teas
- Afternoon tea
- Check out and departures
Maximum 20, mixed gender, all age groups (we’ll pace the group to fit all abilities)
Restless little souls may not enjoy this day of near-silence!
Check out our family-oriented ReWild Us programmes instead.
Prerequisite & what to bring
- Turn phones off or keep them silent
- Must be able to walk on uneven, undulating terrain, with rocks, tree roots and other natural obstacles.
- Two of the walks start & finish with a short steep section.
- Sturdy, ankle-safe hiking shoes. No open toes.
- Hat, sunscreen, allergy tablets, Epi-pen
- Water bottle
- Personal insect repellent
- Camera, sketch book
- BYO lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Heavy duty insect repellent
- A wonderful experience!