May 7- International Permaculture Day
Simple Living – Permaculture – Regenerative Farming
We garden, we farm, we live & we teach everything permaculture. We are also a small family and a social entreprise.
Valley’s End Farm is in its fifth year of establishment with many permaculture infrastructures already in place and producing an abundance of food, biodiversity, healthy soils and resilient ecosystems.
- Zone 0: gradual retrofits of an existing dwelling
- Zone I: multiple veggie patches (herb & medicine garden, annuals & perennials, market garden, forest gardening, raised beds, no dig beds, bio-intensive beds.
- Zone II: Food forest and traditional orchard
- Zone III: pastured chooks for eggs and meat
- Zone IV: timber forest
- Zone V: acres and acres of it – bushcare management
Lots still need to be done!
We spend a great deal of our time fixing the carelessness of the past with vast amount of rubbish left by previous occupants and mountains of invasive weeds. We repurpose many of these waste materials into something useful on the farm.
We manage a produce swap and we teach gardening in the local Steiner school.
We also teach permaculture, part-time, once a year, as well as many other workshops, most of them pro bono.
Bookings: Ticket is free but booking is essential. Contact us by email to book your place and we will give you instructions on how to get here!